2013/10/16

Virtual insanity


My website has been out of order due to unknown reasons for more than a month now, which has led to a shocking realization: if I don't exist virtually, I don’t exist at all! :D
Jamiroquai was on point in his Virtual Insanity. I’m living in it right now.

I got back to my old blog because I want to inform everyone that I haven’t given up on music and that I’m still very much active, although I’m not writing about it to the whole world every five seconds.
Nowadays sharing is a must. Social media is a new drug and most of the people I know are addicted to it. Maybe they don’t admit it but they are.
Own it, people! Most of you surf Facebook twenty times a day. At least I do.
Mainly to promote my music and get gigs, of course, but I like to keep in touch with my friends and Facebook happens to make it easier for me.

Then there is YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn and many more online societies of virtually insane people. We take them for granted but only ten years ago there was none of these things.
Don’t you just love the 21st century? I don’t know what I would do if I was suddenly teleported to the Middle Ages. I would probably get killed by barbarian thieves or a herd of wolves within two minutes – and my last thought would be ”gee, let me take a picture of you biting my leg off, so I can post it".

My biggest news is that I’ve started recording my second album. We are working on it almost daily @ Volume Productions’ Studio here in Helsinki. I’m pretty excited because this time around I have much more time to create a cool record and make a statement. My debut album Doses was recorded in 2011 within two weeks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It turned out pretty good ;)
But now I have two months on my hands and superb musicians and producer to support me. I can't wait to hear the end product and I hope you listeners can't either!

Here are a few pictures of our creative process so far.


Because one bass drum is not enough :-)
One bass for every song!

Videos coming up soon, so stay alert and wait for exclusive studio footage ;)
 
Staying true to the trends, here are the addresses where you can follow me, when my website isn’t working:
https://www.facebook.com/lucieniemela
If you’re reaaaally missing me, you can always buy my album on iTunes or listen to it for free on Spotify.
Oh wait, let’s not forget our good old LUCIE NIEMELÄ YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

That's all promoting for today but I'll be back soon. Have a great day!

Yours LIVE-MORE-TWEET-LESS-Lucie









No comments:

Post a Comment