2012/03/17

Jaakko Laitinen & Väärä Raha - Yö Rovaniemellä

What a great weekend!
On Friday 16th March my album Doses was released and today on Saturday 17th March the second album by Jaakko Laitinen & Väärä Raha - Yö Rovaniemellä will see the daylight. 


There will be a double release gig tonight that no one should miss!
One gig will be held in a tram that will be driving around Helsinki from 5 to 7pm,
check more info here.
The other one will take place in Gloria, Helsinki, at 11 pm.
Maybe I will be featuring :-)


About Jaakko Laitinen & Väärä Raha
Lapland might be famous for reindeer and Santa Claus but the real gift it has given us is Jaakko Laitinen & Väärä Raha! These guys have a great attitude. I have collaborated with them for two years now and I have watched their career from up close. They have done countless great gigs in Finland and abroad and they have deserved all the positive response they get. Their live show and music has evolved so much. You can certainly hear it on their second album that has been recorded mostly as a live session. There are very little overlapping recordings.

Yö Rovaniemellä - A Night in Rovaniemi - is a great record. Congratulations, Jaakko, Jargeli, Roinari, Tuomo & Hast!

I must admit, I have a slight vested interest in this, since I co-wrote two songs on the album and I am featuring in one of them. It's called Lehti tuulessa - A Leaf in the Wind. Recording the song was so much fun. We did one version that we were not happy with so a few months laters we recorded another one. I sang it bowing down with my head tilted to the side. (Don't ask me why :-) I'm proud I could have been a part of this. The song turned out real nice. By the way, I recommend to all non-Finnish speakers to demand translations of Jaakko Laitinen's profound and poetic lyrics.

As objective as I can be, I can say that this album has it all: melancholy, joy, manic urge to dance... This time all the band members have contributed with their compositions or arrangements, which has made the songs more diverse and lively. Every song is a strong individual.

The haunting Lapland-Balkan-gypsy flavours are ready to be tasted!
Watch Onnentähti - the first single from the album with a great music video:








No comments:

Post a Comment