2012/03/19

Lady Behind the Lens

Doses, my baby, is out now.

sleeve by Eva Giovannini; photo by Michaela Kei
I've been asked almost daily now who took the photos in the booklet. So this is a post dedicated to the mysterious lady behind the lens, Michaela Kei.

Michaela Kei is a painter, photographer and graphic designer. She is also a very dear friend of mine. I've been watching her progress from up close and I am beyond proud of her. A couple of years ago she painted just for fun in her kitchen - now she is an artist with a unique style, expressing her own point of view and creating original custom paintings for clients. In addition to that, she started taking stunning, original pictures.

What I especially appreciate about Michaela Kei is that she is self-taught. She knows how she wants her art to look like and she doesn't make compromises.

Her paintings have an abstract dimension but they are full of meanings as she plays with symbols and radiant colours. Some of them are for sale (wink wink) and she constantly creates new ones.


Michaela Kei: Universal dance

I admire how delicately Michaela captures emotions and hidden truths written on people's faces. Not to mention she does their make-up and decorates their body parts with henna if needed ;-) Just so you know, Michaela doesn't photograph only me! Go to her website to see a neat collection of her work.

by Michaela Kei; from our latest session

The website is very informative and she updates it quite often, giving tips on food (I recommend you check out her delicious magic in the kitchen), culture, environmental issues, organic products ... the list goes on and on.

I'm so looking forward to what we'll create together next! :-)

Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment